We are looking for reliable Customer Portfolio Officers to go on the field to meet debtors and claim outstanding debts towards their creditors. You will be responsible for recovering the money owed in as little time as possible.
This position can be stressful and difficult. A Customer Portfolio officer will have to be polite and sensitive towards people while also remaining committed to their purpose and persistent. Excellent communication skills and a sense of urgency are extremely useful to succeed in this task.
- Makes arrangements to collect dues / recover arrears from clients who have fallen behind on payments and advising them of the next stage of process.
- Plan and proceed with seizure of articles for debtors refusing to effect payment and/or with no capacity for payment.
- Identifies sensitive cases and referring to Team Leader for guidance and/or decision.
- Follow up of ‘promise to pay’ date given by debtors and ensure that collection is made in a timely manner.
- Maintains a permanent record of each customer made and received -documenting specific details of the conversations well as amount and date of expected payments
- Maintains professional and customer services oriented contact with internal and external customers.
- Advice relevant parties of action they could take to avoid delays in payments in the future
- To visit debtors with long overdues at their residential address and place of work; and collect payment.
- Proven experience as outdoor debt collector
- Valid motorcycle license and own vehicle
- Experience in working with targets and tight deadlines
- Knowledge of relevant legal requirements
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Apt in negotiating and persuading
- Ability to be polite and compassionate without lacking confidence
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com