Rogers Capital is hiring a Compliance Officer/MLRO. The selected candidate will report to the Managing Director and will be responsible to implement and execute the Compliance strategy of the company. The role requires comprehensive knowledge of legislation and regulation governing consumer finance, excellent analytical bias and a strong attention to details.
- Provide compliance expert advice on client on boarding, including AML checks, KYC verification and classification.
- Be the designated point of contact with regulators & auditors, facilitating exchanges, requests and other queries
- Proactively audit processes, practices and documents to identify loopholes and recommend remediation initiatives
- Prepare monthly compliance reports with financial covenants for management committee and board meetings
- Research & keep up-to-date with the legislative framework
- Advise management on legal and regulatory matters as required
- Continuously identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability & risk, and develop/implement corrective action plans
- Regular Reporting on compliance with financial covenants
- Carry out compliance tests with respect to conditions of licences held
- Deliver training on Data Protection, Financial Intelligence and Anti-Money Laundering
- Help in anchoring a robust compliance adherence culture throughout the business
- Degree in Law, Finance, Banking or equivalent
- MBA and an experience in a financial institution will be an advantage
- Excellent communication (written & oral) both in French & English
- Comprehensive knowledge of legislative and regulatory requirements and controls
- Familiarity with current industry practices and professional standards
- At least 8 years’ working experience in compliance, and 2 years’ as deputy MLRO
- Ability to handle crisis and take relevant initiatives.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org